Monday, 8 April 2013


I tried masking off when stamping today for the first time. Of course silly me thought i would be clever and do double stamping too.  Never mind it turned out sort of ok.  I used Visible Image stamps for this project.

First i stamped my sentiment and cut it out with my spellbinder die.  I then put a very small piece of double sided tape on the back and positioned it in the centre of my base layer.  I then stamped my rose out onto a post it note at the top where the sticky part is and cut it out through 2 pieces.  This is my mask.

Now I stamped over the top of the sentiment and base layer.  I then put the mask over the top of the stamped image and stamped again to the side of the  first image. when peeling off the mask the 2nd one looks like it's at the back of the fist image.  I repeated this all the way round till i only had room for one more stamp.  I then placed masks on either side of where i was going to stamp and then stamped.

I then cut out another gold mirror board layer and glued the base layer on top,.  I added foam tape to the back of the sentiment and aligned it over the base layer.

Now this is what i did wrong. I should've put silicone on instead of foam tape as once you put it down that's it and you cannot move it and i noticed it wasn't quite lined up.  Anyway you learn by your mistakes.  I know people don't show their mistakes but i think it's a way of showing learners what not to do. 

I then stamped butterflies out and stippled distress inks with my Inkylicious Ink Dusters.  I cut them out and shaped them with my bone folder and stuck them with glue gel.

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to comment. x


  1. It's still a lovely card, regardless of your concerns....You've made a great job of masking, it's one of my favourite techniques xx

  2. another fantastic card hun.. love this series you have going at the moment xx